What you need to become a member
Joining the Credit Union is the best decision you could make for your money.
To become a member just call in person to the any of our offices along with following documents:
- Photo ID – Passport / Drivers Licence / National ID Card
- Proof of Address – Utility Bill / Bank Statement (dated within the last 3 months)
- PPSN – Personal Public Service Number (on official documentation)
- €10 to activate the account
A member of staff will go through the application process with you. Please allow at least 20 minutes of your time for this.
If you cannot comply with the above requirements please talk to a member of our staff.
Our Credit Union lets people in the community come together to save and borrow money at low rates, and is operated on a not-for-profit basis, with surpluses being returned to members.
Working but not living in the area?
If you are working but not living in the Mitchelstown Credit Union Common Bond and would like to open an account, please also bring with you a letter from your employer or payslip confirming your place of employment.
Membership of Mitchelstown Credit Union is open to anyone & their family members who live or work within our Common Bond.
What is the ‘Common Bond’?
This is what unites all members of a Credit Union. The Common Bond defines the geographic area in which we can operate as a community credit union. Any member of staff can advise you on the boundaries of our common bond.
To open a junior account (for under 16 year olds), you need :
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- PPS Number on Official Documentation
- Proof of Parent’s Identification, e.g. passport, driving licence and proof of parent’s address, e.g. current utility bill (within the last 3 months)